Wester Ross salmon have one of the world’s best “feed-conversion ratios” (less than1:1 FCR) greatly reducing dependency on the use of wild fish in fishmeal.
WESTER ROSS is Scotland’s oldest independently operated salmon farm.
- Being independent means farming how we think best:
- In harmony with the natural environment
- Reducing pressure on wild fish through innovative fish feed
- Giving the fish room to grow up healthy without antibiotics
- Championing the welfare of the salmon above all else
Our salmon are entirely hand reared, which means that people — not just machines or cameras — are on the water every day to feed and observe the fish.
Our salmon are certified Freedom Food, a rigorous animal welfare standard of the RSPCA.
Every Wester Ross whole fish and fillets is tagged as coming from our farm and carries a unique, sequential number.
Download our product information sheet: